May 2019 REIGN Dataset: May 1st, 2019
- Assoumani (Comoros)
- Changing of the Captains Regents (San Marino)
- Ahmed Awad Ibn Auf (Sudan)
- Abdel Fattah Abdelrahman Burhan (Sudan)
- Manasseh Sogavare (Solomon Islands)
- Abdelkader Bensalah (Algeria)
- Solomon Islands
- Egypt (Referendum)
Version Updates (As of May 1st, 2019)
- Fixed election outcome information for Estonia 2019 as coalition outcome was previously unclear.
- Preliminary outcome data is coded for Andorra, Finland, and Indonesia. These may change.
- Changed regime type for Sudan to military provisional.
- Changed regime type for Algeria to civilian provisional.
- Changed regime type for Egypt to military personalist.
- Updated precipitation (SPI) estimates using NOAA’s March 2019 PREC/L release (https://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/data/gridded/data.precl.html).
- Updated GDP and population data using the April 2019 IMF world economic outlook release (https://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/weo/2019/01/weodata/index.aspx).
- Updated GDP using the newest World Bank release (https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/ny.gdp.mktp.cd).
- Updated infant mortality rate data with newest World Bank release (https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/sp.dyn.imrt.in). Implemented country-specific ARIMA modeling for forecasting mortality rate for unreleased years. These numbers were previously produced using forward filling for unknown years.
- Added coup events in Sudan and Venezuela.
- Changed regime type for Turkey to party-personal hybrid (May 6th 2019) based on annulment of mayoral elections on May 6th.
Find the most current REIGN data here
Find the most current REIGN update-blog here
Find the most current CoupCast update-blog here
Election and Leader lists (May 2019)
Codebook and Technical Notes
If you are unable to download the data, or have questions/inquiries, please contact Clayton Besaw (firstname.lastname@example.org). Also feel to contact Clayton if you notice any bugs or wrongly coded data. Thanks!