July 2019 REIGN Dataset: July 2nd, 2019
- Nayib Bukele (El Salvador)
- Mette Frederiksen (Denmark)
- Antti Rinne (Finland)
- James Merape (Papua New Guinea)
- Pavel Filip/Maia Sandu (Moldova - Contested due to Constitutional Crisis)
Version Updates (As of July 2nd, 2019)
- Identified a number of leaders (DeRoburt, Da Costa, Nakyama, Lini, Remeliik, Pashinyan) who do not have country codings for the first month of their tenure. This is an unexpected bug in the leader panel creation process and is currently being worked on.
- Pavel Filip and Maia Sandu both switch head executive status twice during the month of June in the REIGN dataset. This isn’t perfect, but it is difficult to code leadership shifts within a constitutional crisis. This coding may change based on future information.
- Coalition outcome for Belgian general election is expected to take time, so the result is uncoded as of this update.
- Updated precipitation (SPI) estimates using NOAA’s May 2019 PREC/L release (https://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/data/gridded/data.precl.html).
Find the most current REIGN data here
Find the most current REIGN update-blog here
Find the most current CoupCast update-blog here
Election and Leader lists (July 2019)
Codebook and Technical Notes
If you are unable to download the data, or have questions/inquiries, please contact Clayton Besaw (firstname.lastname@example.org). Also feel to contact Clayton if you notice any bugs or wrongly coded data. Thanks!