April 2020 REIGN Dataset: as of April 1st, 2020
- Luis Alberto Lacalle Pou - Centre-Right Christian Democrat (Uruguay)
- Muhyiddin Yassin - Centrist Nationalism (Malaysia)
- Janez Jansa - Right-wing Populism (Slovenia)
- Igor Matovic - Centre-Right Populism (Slovakia)
- Sefik Dzaferovic - Centre-Right Nationalism (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- Guyana (Incumbent win, no leader change)
- Israel (Incumbent win, no leader change)
- Vanuatu (Unclear outcome, but suggests incumbent victory)
Version Updates (As of April 1st, 2020)
- Updated precipitation (SPI) estimates using NOAA’s February 2020 PREC/L release (https://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/data/gridded/data.prel.html).
- Added final outcome information regarding the following elections: Afghanistan 2019, Israel 2020, Guyana 2020
- Added correct election date for the following election events: Kiribati 2020
- Added information about 2020 election delays for the following countries: Serbia 2020, Russia 2020, North Macedonia 2020, Chile 2020
- Changed regime type for Hungary from parliamentary democracy to single-party authoritarianism. This coding change was conducted in light of a recent bill granting the ruling Fidesz party unlimited emergency powers without a timeline (https://www.ft.com/content/0029e6e2-7344-11ea-95fe-fcd274e920ca).
Find the most current REIGN data here
Find the most current REIGN update-blog here
Election and Leader lists (April 2020)
Codebook and Technical Notes
If you are unable to download the data, or have questions/inquiries, please contact Clayton Besaw (firstname.lastname@example.org). Also feel to contact Clayton if you notice any bugs or wrongly coded data. Thanks!